Overview of Intensive Out-Patient Programs
What are counseling intensives? Intensive out-patient counseling is accelerated therapy to help an individual, couple, or family get to sustainable relief and freedom in the fastest, most efficient way possible. Most often intensive therapy consists of multiple hours per day and multiple days per week.
To learn more about our Intensive Counseling programs, call us at (321) 332-6984 to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.
At Total Health Guidance, we believe in an integrated, holistic approach that combines physical, emotional, relational, spiritual, and financial health. Our Intensive Out-Patient Programs offer a unique opportunity to combine this whole-person treatment and guidance in a more concentrated setting. Each Intensive is fully customized to the needs of the individual, incorporating those components that would be most beneficial. This powerful approach allows individuals, couples, and families to break through the barriers that have been holding them back from achieving total health. Our intensive counseling programs typically range between 1 and 3 weeks.
Who can benefit from an Intensive Counseling program?
Our Intensive Counseling programs are designed for anyone experiencing a life crisis, feeling stuck in their current treatment, hitting a road block in their recovery, or wanting to accelerate their healing process. Our fully integrated team can effectively address concerns such as:
- Grief & Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Psychological Abuse
- Depression & Anxiety
- Sexual & Physical Trauma
- Pornography / Sex Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder, OCD, PTSD
- Mid-Life Crisis & Identity Issues
- Gambling, Work & Other Addictions
- Marriage, Couples, or Family Conflict
- Abandonment Issues / Neglect / Deprivation
Our Team of professionals include: Psychologists, Naturopathic Doctors, Mental Health Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Pastoral Counselors, Massage Therapists, Life Coaches, Acupuncture Physicians, Consumer Credit Counselors, and Clinical Social Workers.
Components of our Intensive Counseling Programs
Since each intensive is customized, there is no one set schedule. Here are some of the components that could be included in our Intensive Out-Patient Program:
- Acupuncture for pain, stress, cravings or addiction support
- Self-Care Planning
- Psychological Evaluation
- Trauma or Grief Therapy
- E.M.D.R. or A.R.T. (experiential trauma techniques)
- Issue-Specific Counseling
- Addiction Treatment / Relapse Prevention
- Financial / Budget Counseling
- Pastoral / Spiritual Counseling
- Nutritional / Physical Assessment
- Massage therapy for pain, stress, emotional release, or overcoming trauma
- Support Groups: Groups could include anger management, women’s empowerment, men’s processing, etc.
- A final planning session to determine follow-up treatment and next steps.
Our Counseling Intensives start with an initial intake session (over the phone, via secure video, or in-person) and the completion of our unique Root Cause Assessment. We do this to establish the client’s goals and the best treatment options to ensure sustainable relief and freedom. During the intake session, a draft of the Intensive schedule will be completed and the total cost will be calculated. If, after the intake session, the case manager and the client agree that an Intensive is the right course of action we can begin the scheduling process. In most cases, Intensives can begin soon after the intake.
- Do your Intensives have a set schedule? No, we create completely customized intensive treatment programs for each individual.
- How many hours are your Intensives? Our intensive programs can vary significantly depending on the extent of the issues being addressed. Some clients choose an accelerated schedule while others choose to schedule their sessions around work or other commitments.
- How much do your Intensives cost? Each Intensive can vary dramatically, therefore, the price varies based on the care provided.
- Does insurance cover the cost of your Intensives? Some insurance plans will cover all or a portion of the cost, but this varies from plan to plan and can be determined prior to the start of your Intensive.
- What if I already have a therapist outside of Total Health Guidance? We include a pre & post phone session with your therapist and a Total Health Guidance case manager to ensure synergy of treatment.
- Are your Intensives religious? While we do incorporate the concept of spirituality, our intensive programs are not religious in nature. We work with clients from every different faith background as well as those with no spiritual background at all. With that said, we do offer a Christian-based Intensive for those that desire to integrate their personal faith into the healing process.
- How do you protect the privacy of high-profile clients? We have worked with many well known individuals such as doctors, attorneys, politicians, and professional athletes. We take extra care to ensure confidentiality, including a private entrance and waiting room for such clients.
- Where would I stay if I’m not from the Orlando area? All travel arrangements (Hotel, flight, car, etc.) can be made via our preferred travel partner at: https://www.jpagetravel.com. The following hotels are are directly across the street from our office.
Fairfield Inn & Suites
5614 Vineland Rd. Orlando, FL 32819
Wingate by Wyndham Universal Studios & Convention Center
5661 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL 32819
Quality Inn & Suites
5635 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL 32819
Hampton Inn & Suites
5621 Windhover Dr. Orlando, FL 32819
To learn more about our Intensive Out-Patient Programs or to schedule a free 30-minute consultation, please contact us at 321-332-6984.
“I had an amazing and life changing experience at Total Health Guidance, thanks to the amazing staff. I had the pleasure to work with almost the entire team one on one, and could not be more pleased with their methods and the results!!! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a more happy, healthy, and balanced life.” – I.M. Orlando, FL